National data with age and race/ethnicity breakouts
NCHS Life Tables by Hispanic Origin
- The first national life tables for Hispanics, published October 2010 using 2006 data
All states with age and race/ethnicity breakouts
US Census Bureau, Annual State and County Population Estimates, by age, sex, and race/ethnicity
- Excel tables at the national, state, MSA, and county levels from 1990 to past year of the resident population. Since you are downloading large tables it can take a while to get the data in the format you want.
US Census Bureau, Annual State and County Population Estimates
- Same Census data as above in an easier to use web interface, but with less flexibility in categories.
Current Population Survey (CPS) Table Creator
- Web-based table creator using CPS data at the state and national levels from 2003 to current year of the noninstitutionalized resident population. Lets you create up to 3-way tables based on two-dozen different variables. Moderately user friendly.
IPUMS-USA, interactive analysis of American Community Survey data
- Powerful on-line tool (click "Analyze data online" in left hand box) that lets you create tables or even run multivariate analyses (click "Analysis" at top of table creator page) of the annual Census survey that is replacing Census the long form. Starting with the 2006 survey it includes the entire resident population (both community and institutionalized). Not as user friendly as simpler tools.
- Interactive mapping site. Free material includes mapping of a variety of Census data, including 2000 Census and the most recent American Community Survey data.
California Only with age and race/ethnicity breakouts
RAND California Demographic Data
- Uses Census data estimates (see top of page) in an easy to use web interface. Use control-click to pick multiple categories.
California Health Interview Survey, web query system
- California-wide household survey of health risks, health status, and health care. Web query system provides ability to generate county-level (subcounty for LA and San Diego) estimates. Demographic counts based on California Department of Finance data.
Los Angeles County Only
- Powerful and easy to use mapping utility for the county that includes demographics, as well as a large database of community services and other data.
Los Angeles County Survey web data query
- Provides data for Los Angeles County from the public health departments household survey.
New York Only with age and race/ethnicity breakouts
RAND New York Demographic Data
- Uses Census data estimates (see top of page) in an easy to use web interface. Use control-click to pick categories.